Friday, May 16, 2014

Scrapbook in a Box

I love creating new things and this 8x8 box with 4 + scrapbooks makes a great gift.  I have a young friend at work who is getting married next weekend and his sweetheart is just getting into card making and scrapbooking.  They have asked for my help and advice a couple of times so I know that this will make a great wedding gift.



This scrapbook box is actually a gift that keeps on giving because I can help them crop and arrange their pictures giving me another opportunity to teach.  I (mostly) followed a tutorial from Kathy Orta.  This woman is amazing and comes up with the most wonderful projects. Kathy's original box is 6x6 but I wanted my young couple to be able to add 4x6 photos directly into the album.  I adjusted the size of the box to be 8x8 allowing for larger scrapbook albums.

The albums are lifted out of the box by pulling on the charms that I made from various sources - my local Scrapbook Central store and the bead shop.


The scrapbooks are loosely male and female due to my paper and color choices.  Two have more masculine colors from Graphic 45 A Proper Gentlemen and Typography collections.  The two feminine albums use KaiserKraft English Rose collection.  Both albums have the same design.

Here are three pages from the feminine album.





And here are a few pages from the male version:




Every page has extra tags for more photos and there are lots of spaces for journalling about their new life together.

I do hope they like it!

Happy Crafting!
NancyD

5 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What an amazing gift, this is stunning Nancy. Such a lovely selcetion of papers used and a wonderful Idea. I love everything about it.

Sue xx

Dora said...

fantastic!!

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Nancy I am just totally blown away by this awesome project what an amazing gift, stupendous work
hugs
lorraine x

Sara Jane said...

So pretty! Love the papers you chose. =)

Hellen said...

This looks amazing. I think they will be dazzled with this gift!