Friday, February 27, 2015

Playing With New Toys - Sculpey Clay

Hi All!  I am sure my few faithful followers are wondering where I have been.  Well, I have been away at a work related conference and I have been playing with new toys.

I love how Pinterest shows you things they think you would like to see.  Well we all know that can lead to trouble.  I was drawn in by journal covers made with polimer clay.  Naturally, I had to try it for myself.  Here is my first attempt.....



I really didn't know what to start with so I went with something familiar - flowers.  I rolled out a brown clay base and then used an embossing folder to impress the background image. I rolled flat a section of green and hand cut the leaves. I tried adding tiny micro beads into the leaf vein but they wouldn't go where I wanted them - too tiny!

I watched so many YouTube videos and visited a few blogs to get an idea of what to do and what supplies were needed.  Here are the links to a few of my favorites:

There are so many more to check out but you can find the ones you love by google'ng or searching YouTube.

My second attempt was a sea plate.....


This one has little pearl beads and assorted green glass beads, as well as more of the tiny micro beads.  I used a mold to make the shell and starfish shapes.  I am so loving this one and will probably make more of this style to actually put on a journal.

I also tried making flowers from two different cutter shapes....


I added Pearl Ex power to the clay and a bead for the center before baking.

I am really enjoying checking out what to do with polimer clay.  I am sure you will see more here soon.

Have a wonderful crafty day!
NancyD

2 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Nancy I am in awe of your creativity as always, these look absolutely fantastic, beautiful and colourful, amazing work.
hugs
lorraine x

Dora said...

Hello Nancy,
what a beautiful project have you made. looks fantastic.
also you zantangle too.
I have some downloads left so that is why I can comming by. tomorrow we get new downloads that we have to use for a month.
kind regards, Dora